Featuring rooftop railing design ideas for 2022, your perfect railing design for roof, terrace railing design photos, glass railing design for roof, iron railing design for roof, steel railing design for roof, wood railing design for roof.
A balcony or rooftop railing is not just an important security feature for our homes, but when it is the correct design and the right material used, it can uplift the look and feel of the exterior of your home. Things like the overall style of the house, whether contemporary or traditional, along with the railing’s ability to withstand extreme weather conditions can play a significant role in determining the ideal material for the railing system for your stairs, house front, or the balcony.
There are various types of materials available for the construction of railing, including steel, iron, glass, mild steel, wood, or even concrete. In this article we will critically analyse the pros and cons of all of the materials used for construction of railings, and also concurrently show you various rooftop railing design ideas.
75 Rooftop Railing Design Ideas for 2022 | Your Ideal Railing Design for Roof
Here are 75 design ideas with pictures.
Glass Railing Design for Roof | Terrace Railing Design in Glass
If you have a beautiful exterior view from your home, such as picturesque mountains or the blue ocean, then be different from the standard railings by opting for glass railings.
Advantages of glass railing design for roof: (1) Glass railing design for roof provides a contemporary and high-end chic appearance to your home. (2) Terrace railing design in glass gives you a sense of openness and transparency. (3) This design in glass also provides views of the surrounding area which makes your house appear bigger. (4) What else the glass panels also function as windbreakers.
Disadvantages of terrace railing design in glass: (1) Terrace railing design in glass needs very high and regular maintenance. (2) Terrace railing design can be vulnerable to scratch marks. (3) Check out these images of stunning glass railing design for roof.
Iron Railing Design Ideas | Iron Railing Design for Roof
If you like the aesthetic look of ornate, how about cast iron or wrought iron railing design for roof? Cast iron design can be made by making it into a mould before wrought iron is heated and manipulated using tools.
Advantages of Iron Design
- You can create the perfect, intricate and fascinating design with wrought iron as well as cast iron.
- The iron railing design for roof can be decorated and given a royal look with colors like gold, silver, and black, or a combination of all three.
Disadvantages of Iron Railing Design for Roof
- Bear in mind that you need to protect your wrought iron railing design for roof or seal cast iron from corrosion.
- Railing design for roof in iron can be expensive and may require high skills.
Here are 15 iron railing design for roof
Wood Railing Design for Roof
Wooden railing design for roof will provide a sense of warmth to your rooftop. However, wood is not strongest of the materials for constructing railings. However, wood can be used as infills in wooden rooftop railing design in combination with stainless steel or other metal railings.
Advantage of Wood Railing Design for Roof
- You can choose from a variety of solid wood types to construct your ideal wood railing design for roof.
- Wooden design is suitable for modern, as well as traditional homes.
Disadvantages of Wooden Design
- Wooden railing design can be prone to termite attack and decay.
- Wood railing design for roof can sag over time if exposed to water, not maintained periodically, and not painted every two years.
SS Railing Design for Roof | Terrace Railing Design in Stainless Steel
Stainless steel is considered the most durable and versatile materials for railings. Not only is SS railing design for roof sturdy and strong, but also it add a stylish and contemporary look to your home.
Advantages of SS Railing Design for Roof
- Stainless steel is a versatile and durable material that is easy to maintain and doesn’t require painting after installation.
- Stainless steel has a rust-proof coating of chromium oxide that protects the railing from corroding against harsh weather conditions.
- Railing design for roof are easy to modify and style.
- Railing design for roof in stainless steel adds chic to the front elevation of your house. Stainless steel lends a stunning aesthetic look.
Disadvantage of Railing Design for Roof in Stainless Steel
- SS railing design for roof can be comparatively expensive.