A center table is very important in the living room as it provides a place to pause and put down anything you have in hand. It is a resting spot for your drinks and eateries. The ideal center table must be large enough to allow you to grab snacks as well as sturdy enough to hold books or even your feet and blend into the decor. That is why you need some of the best wooden new design of center table ideas to get a perfect one for your living room.
Here are five table purchasing tips that will help you select one that is suitable for your lifestyle and living space.
Tips for Purchasing Center Table
Size is crucial
The best wooden center table anchors the furniture in a room by filling the gaps and allowing enough space for movement or even basic leg stretching. You can make two or more central points if your seating space is greater.
Here’s a helpful size guide for center tables:
- A minimum space of about 18 inches in between the table’s center and any other furniture is the ideal distance.
- The table must be less than the size of two-thirds of the biggest piece of seating space in the space. It should provide enough space to accommodate showpieces and ordinary objects such as laptops, coffee mugs, etc.
- The table’s height should be the same or just a few inches lower than the sofa to allow easy access.
Consider the shape
The form of your sofa will be the most important clue as to what shape your table’s shape will take.
- A rectangular sofa or L-shaped lounge requires rectangular center table to ensure that anything placed on it, like food, is accessible even to people who sit at the extreme end.
- Similar to smaller sofas that are square in size could be paired with a round or square table to make the most of the space.
- If you’re looking to break away from the traditional layout of rectangular and square lines, you can opt for circular or oval tables. You can relax around it with poufs or ottomans because the table isn’t adorned with distinct lines.
Take into consideration your style
As your dining table will be the focus of all the eyes, the most secure choice is to choose an item tuned to the textures, colors and patterns or the materials used in the space.
For instance, the traditional living room can pull off an elegant, classic wooden table easily and asymmetrical; geometric tables can be found in modern areas.
The scale is also crucial in the design process. Imposing tables pair well with slim sofas and help ground the space in large rooms with high ceilings or many windows. However, smaller spaces can create delicate designs of glass and metal.
Tables with glass surfaces provide illusions of depth, making the whole setup appear larger and more spacious than it actually is. They can be used to display the comfort of a solid, comfortable couch with a chic rug beneath.
What will you do with it?
It is possible to customize your table based on the type of activity you typically do around it. If you host guests frequently, pick tables with edges that have a lip edge or rough surface. So you don’t need to be concerned about spilling drinks or food.
If you have limited space, it is possible to select wooden new design of center table that has the lower deck and drawers to store items. Place everything from gameboards, magazines, and stationery to napkins, coasters, remote controls, and more here.
Lastly, think about the material
Most of the work is performed on center tables, so they must be strong. Wood is a popular preference, a low-cost alternative; however, a fairly sturdy option can be medium-density fiberboard (MDF).
Metal frames and glass tempered give solidity to coffee tables, as well. They’re less bulky than wood and simpler to clean. Acrylic, marble and lucite are all good options. The most important thing to consider when selecting the right material is that it will be simple to maintain and solid.
With these five easy-to-identify aspects, we are confident that you’ll be able to choose wooden new design center table that matches your decor and space effortlessly.
Wooden Center Table Design
A center table made of wood is a treasure trove for life in style and is never outdated. The finish is beautiful, and its construction is sturdy enough to offer the highest level of function within your home or elsewhere. It is possible to select different types of wood for this look, and you can choose from walnut, teak, and much more.
Below are some wood center table design ideas for you to take inspiration from.